Save the date for the 25th annual MA Fire and Life Safety Public Education Conference on Sept. 24-25, 2019. It will be at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Conference Center in Marlborough, MA. This year's theme is "A Quarter Century of Life Safety Education: Proven Success, Future Challenges." Visit the www.mass.gov/dfs for more details. #MAFLSEConf19
The Massachusetts Fire Fighting Academy presents Rural Water Supply course. The Lee Frei dpeartemnt will be hosting at the Central Station on Saturday, Septmeber 21 and Sunday, Spetember 22. To register log in to MFA LMS for program #115.
- Department must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
- Department must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States and be legally organized under state law.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. Learn about member benefits and join at www.nvfc.org/BeYourBest.
- Department must demonstrate their need to receive the $7,500 award and in the application essay must explain how they would use the award.
- The departments that receive the award must use the money to increase their department’s hazmat response capabilities and not for any other purpose.
In late 2018, an FDNY firefighter was hospitalized with critical injuries suffered at a marijuana grow lab fire in the Bronx. Sadly, this wasn’t the first FDNY firefighter to fall victim to injury from a marijuana grow lab. In 2016, FDNY Battalion Chief Michael J. Fahy died when a piece of roof debris fatally struck him after an illegal grow house exploded. Fahy was standing across the street from the structure. Read More...