The Alert Hose Company of Adams, MA, cordially invites you to their 141st Annual Firefighters Ball. This years them is pride and tradition. Please join us at Bountifare on route 8 in Adams, for dinner, dancing and drinks. Firefighters, EMS and police are free. Accompanying dates are $28 per person. Cocktails are from 6pm - 7pm with a buffet dinner at 7pm. The Grand March will be at 8pm, followed by dancing till 12:30. Music will be provided by The Remedy. This band should provide an added punch to the fun of the event. They are great to listen to as well as dance to. THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND AND SUPPORT THE ALERT HOSE CO OF ADAMS. GENERAL ADMISSION IS COUPLES $55 or INDIVIDUAL TICKETS at $28. Please RSVP by February 1, 2018, by leaving a phone message with Joshua Sworzen 413-884-2868 or Cory Adelt 413-242-8642 . Thank you for your consideration we hope to see you there. Sincerely Joshua Sworzen and Cory Adelt 141st Ball Committee.
Service-Based EMS Awards: CFSI and Masimo Seeking to Recognize Innovations in Emergency Medical Services
The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is accepting applications for the CFSI/Masimo Excellence in Fire Service-Based EMS Awards. The presentation of the 2018 awards will take place April 19, 2018, at the 30th Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner in Washington, DC.
Established in 2010, the Excellence in Fire Service-Based EMS Awards honor fire departments for innovations and improvements in the delivery of prehospital emergency medical care. The actions taken by these departments should have a positive impact on firefighter and paramedic safety, resource deployment, and/or enhanced fire service-based EMS services. The awards recognize departments in two separate categories: career and volunteer & combination.
“We are looking for departments that are forward-thinking in their approach to EMS – departments that are developing and instituting change to adapt to the growing demand for prehospital emergency medical care,” said CFSI Executive Director Bill Webb. “Masimo shares this vision as a manufacturer of innovative EMS equipment, which is why CFSI is proud to have them as a co-sponsor of this awards program.”
The deadline for submitting an application is February 2, 2018. Additional information about the program is located at www.cfsi.org. A representative of each of the recipient departments will receive a trip to Washington, DC for the award presentations.
Sponsored by the Congressional Fire Services Institute, the 30th Annual National Fire and Emergency Service Dinner culminates a two-day program attended by 1,500 fire and emergency leaders from across the nation. The 2018 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium includes many opportunities for attendees to engage in important discussions with members of Congress, federal agency officials and their peers.
Visit www.cfsi.org to learn more about the 2018 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner Program and why you should attend this event.
The FY 2017 AFG application period will open on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 8 AM ET and will close on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5 PM ET.
Please make sure that you have thoroughly reviewed the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) prior to beginning your application, as it contains the latest updates to the FY 2017 AFG Grant Program. Begin preparing your application now by utilizing the application assistance tools available below.
FY 2017 Application Assistance Tools:
- NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) contains the key programmatic updates and application requirements for all eligible applicants.
- The GET READY GUIDE is designed to give you a kick-start in preparing your application. It will help better prepare you to thoroughly answer the application questions.
- The SELF-EVALUATION ASSISTANCE sheets are designed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program. There are two sheets, one for OPERATIONS & SAFETY and one for VEHICLE ACQUISITION.
- The APPLICATION CHECKLIST will help you prepare your grant application. Collecting this information beforehand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- The COST SHARE CALCULATOR allows you to determine your organizations Local Cost Share for grants. It is important to familiarize yourself with FEMA’s administration of cost sharing requirements.
- Live application webinars coming soon. A separate message with the webinar dates will be distributed soon.
Visit www.fema.gov/firegrants for more information.